This website is owned by Taste of Glasgow (“Taste of Glasgow”, “we”, “our” or “us”). This website is operated and controlled from the United Kingdom and these terms and conditions and your use of this website are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Scotland.
By using the website you (“user”, “users”, “visitors”) acknowledge and agree that:
- Copyright in the website is owned by Taste of Glasgow and all rights are reserved. The website is protected by both copyright and database rights. The contents of this website are the copyright of Taste of Glasgow (or under agreement from a copyright owning partner), including any comments, reviews, photos or any other material that users of the service contribute. You are permitted to download and print content from the website for your own personal use. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content of the website, in whole or in part without the written agreement of Taste of Glasgow. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyright material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made and shall include a link to this website.
- The permitted re-use of content through RSS, or other feed mechanism that may from time to time be offered on the website or otherwise, unless covered by another written agreement with Taste of Glasgow, are subject to all terms and conditions herein. In particular such permitted re-use shall be subject to:
a) ensuring that no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made and;
b) the use of such content is for non-commercial purposes only. And specifically any other uses, including without limitation the incorporation of advertising or other promotional content into, or the placement of advertising associated with or targeted towards the RSS content is strictly prohibited.
You agree to use the RSS or other feed only to provide summaries, each with a functional link to the associated story on our website that shall display the full content immediately (e.g., no jump pages or other intermediate or interstitial pages). You further agree not to frame or otherwise control the browser window (if any) in which our content opens, including limiting the size or position of such window. Taste of Glasgow reserves the right to alter, modify or withdraw any RSS or feed without notice.
- Taste of Glasgow is a registered trademark. The names, images and logos identifying Taste of Glasgow and its products and services are proprietary marks of Taste of Glasgow, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks without obtaining permission may be an infringement of rights in those marks and Taste of Glasgow reserves all rights to enforce such rights.
- Taste of Glasgow provides the content in good faith but no guarantee or representation is given that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date. Use of content on the website is at your own risk.
- While Taste of Glasgow takes reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses and other malicious programs on the website no liability is accepted for them. Connection to this site will be transmitted via public telecommunications networks, and Taste of Glasgow makes no warranty or representation that the operation of this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, and disclaims all liability in respect thereof.
- The website includes a comment system. Users submitting comments should follow good practice and comply with the law: this will mean not submitting material that could harass on grounds of sex, race, gender or disability, or is offensive to others sexuality. Comments should be focused on the topic addressed and avoid swear words. User should not submit content that is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, or in breach of confidence. Users must avoid offensive comments that identify an individual and that could be libelous. Users must not post material which is the copyright of a third party. Taste of Glasgow reserves the right to edit or delete comments without reason.
- This website contains links to other websites. Taste of Glasgow is not responsible or liable for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from or to this, or any use of personal data by such a third party. The inclusion of any link on the website does not imply endorsement by Taste of Glasgow of the linked site and Taste of Glasgow offers no guarantee or liability for the efficient operation of these sites. Access to linked third party websites is at your own risk. Please note that these Terms and Conditions apply solely to this website and are not to linked third party sites.
- Taste of Glasgow keeps track of the number of visitors to its website, the pages they visit and how long they stay. We also collect information from visitors who click on advertisements so that we are able to measure interest, improve our service and inform advertisers as to the number of visitors their advert has generated. We note that advertisers do not have any influence or control over Taste of Glasgow’s editorial content.
- These terms and conditions may be modified from time to time. Continued access or use of the Service by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to these terms and conditions.
All enquiries related to commercial reuse should be addressed to email@example.com
By submitting your contribution to Taste of Glasgow, you also:
- warrant that such contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Taste of Glasgow for all the purposes specified above; and
- indemnify Taste of Glasgow against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Taste of Glasgow as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on Taste of Glasgow and the other purposes specified above; and
- acknowledge and agree that it may be copied or downloaded by users.
- your name, occupation and job title
- postal/e-mail address
- details about services you specifically request
- details from documents you complete on-line
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- send service-related information to you which we think may be of relevance/interest to you
- send information relating to you or others if you indicate that you want to receive marketing material or similar communications
- provide other companies, such as advertisers, with statistical information about our clients, (but we will not provide them with information which can be used to identify any individual client or contact)
- pass your details to accountants, consultants and other professionals and third parties, but only for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and complying with our contractual obligations to you
- request optional information such as your interests in order to provide more tailored products and services to you (e.g. through internal research, data analysis, market research and product research)
Taste of Glasgow’s website make use of “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your hard disk. Cookies contain information about you and your chosen preferences.
By using this service, the user represents and warrants that he or she will not use the service in any manner that would violate these Terms and Conditions or any third party’s copyright, intellectual property, or other rights. Any violations or potential violations should promptly be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules for Taste of Glasgow’s Competitions and Offers
Taste of Glasgow runs Competitions from time to time for the benefit of readers. The following general rules apply:
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entry is open to UK residents only.
- Prize will be drawn within one week of closing date.
- Only the winners will be contacted personally.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- Entrants must provide the entry details as specified.
- Entrants may be required to be 18 years of age or older.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- No purchase necessary.
- Employees of Taste of Glasgow and any company associated with specific promotion, and their families, are not eligible to enter.
- Proof of sending post/email is not proof of our receipt of your entry.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
- The closing date is as specified.
- The prize must be collected, if appropriate, within one month of notification.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize or offer and no other prize is available for request. But in the event of the advertised prize being unavailable Taste of Glasgow reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity.
- No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
- Use of false name or address, i.e. name, by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- Taste of Glasgow reserves the right to amend these rules from time to time.
- The prize winners will be selected at random by Taste of Glasgow. Taste of Glasgow’s decision is final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.
- Taste of Glasgow will not pass on entrant’s personal details to any other organisation without their permission, except if necessary for the purpose of awarding the prize.
THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NEITHER TASTE OF GLASGOW NOR ANY GROUP COMPANY, SUCCESSORS, AFFILIATES, OR ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, “TASTE OF GLASGOW”) SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW TO PREVENT THE RECOVERY OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES (EVEN IF TASTE OF GLASGOW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES).